Have you ever heard the name “OZ wheels”? BBS, Enkei are very familiar names to automobile enthusiasts. Then what about OZ wheels? Well, OZ are highly popular among car lovers and enthusiasts all over the world too.
OZ Group is an Italian company that mainly focuses on the automotive industry. What do they make? They mainly manufacture alloy wheels for cars and motorcycles. Of course, other necessary accessories are also offered by them.
BRIEF HISTORY AND SUCCESS OF (OZ) WHEELS
OZ was founded in 1971 by Silvano Oselladore and Pietro Zen. They established the company in a petrol station in Rossano Veneto, near Venice. Like other big companies, they had a small start.
In the same year, OZ produced light-alloy wheels and those were installed on the Mini Cooper, which competed and achieved success in rally races.
OZ expanded their business to the motorcycle industry in 1972. They introduced motorcycle wheels in that year.
In 1984, OZ Racing Division was established and ran by Claudio Bernoni. Through this big initiative, the production of F1 racing wheels started and got pace.
In the year 1989, OZ expanded their business to Japan by setting up OZ Japan as an associate partner.
OZ got another success in 1990. Carlos Sainz won the Driver’s World Rally and his car was on OZ .
OZ expanded their business further. They set up OZ Deutschland in 1993.
Another breakthrough! In 1993, OZ with Alain Prost – Williams won its first-ever F1 Championship. That was one of the best achievements of OZ in this field.
In 1996, OZ again achieved a wonderful result. With Damon Hill’s Williams, OZ won its second F1 Championship.
OZ won another World Rally Championship in the year 2000.
The journey of success kept going up.
STATIC AND DYNAMIC TESTS
OZ uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure that their customers are getting the best products available in the market.
- OZ does chemical analysis on raw materials and castings. They inspect for defects and impurities through the ultrasonic method.
- To check if there is any kind of leak, OZ ensures Air Tightness Tests.
- OZ even finds out if there are any surface cracks or micro faults through Dye Penetrant Inspection.
- Wheels are taken for the Fatigue test to see if these wheels can bear high loads.
- OZ uses the LBF Biaxial Wheel Testing Machine and also does the Rolling test.
- A crash test is conducted to inspect if their products are strong enough.
- OZ conducts Dimensional Check also. Then the X-ray Control test is done.
After doing all of these, wheels are taken for the painting test.
SHOULD YOU BUY OZ WHEELS
OZ was established by its founders because of a passion for wheels. In course of time, they have become legends in this sector. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lotus and McLaren are their customers.
If you want good quality, strong and beautiful wheels then OZ are for you obviously.
When it comes to quality and performance, OZ wheels are one of the best. There is no confusion about that.